Josh Ambrose, Associate Dean of Campus and Community Engagement, Executive Director of the CEO
Serves as the point-person for all scholarships and fellowships.
Background in storytelling, English, and writing center administration. Works closely with community partners to develop partnerships for students and faculty.
- MFA, George Mason University
- BA, Penn State University
Email. (410) 871-3376
Advises students throughout the entire education abroad process from picking a program to adjusting to life back home after studying abroad.
Education & Professional Certifications
- PhD Educational Administration – Higher Education, Kent State University
- MEd Higher Education Administration and College Student Personnel, Kent State University
- Certificate of Internationalization of Higher Education, Kent State University
- BA Psychology and Spanish, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Education abroad semester at the Universidad de Salamanca in Salamanca, Spain
Dr. Manuel Ruiz, Director of Student Development Programming
Co-facilitates pre-orientation programming for new enrolling freshman, develops programming in areas of leadership and academic programs, responsible for sophomore programming relevant to career exploration, and assist in developing and teaching My Career, a hybrid career focused course.
Higher Education Background includes over 18 years as an experienced Student Affairs practitioner with expertise in assessment, budget planning, residence life, judicial affairs, social justice, new student orientation, entrepreneurship, career development, internships, and event planning.
Education & Certifications:
- Doctorate of Education, Northeastern University
- Master of Arts, Montclair State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Montclair State University
- Certifications in Intercultural Development Inventory, StrengthsQuest, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS)
Rich Goodman, Associate Director of Career Development
Cultivates employer partnerships to create impactful professional opportunities for our students. Manages the student employment & internship experience through Handshake. Facilitates career skills workshops, developmental programming, individual professional advising, and career & internship fairs. Collaborates in developing and teaching My Career & CEO Jan-Term experiences.
Background in first-generation support, first-year experience, residence life, multicultural affairs, and service learning.
- M.A. College Student Development & Administration, Shepherd University
- M.A. Teaching – Secondary Education, Shepherd University
- B.S. Biology, Shepherd University
- B.A. Psychology, Shepherd University
Erin Benevento, Associate Director of Community Engagement
Facilitates community partnerships & experiential learning opportunities for students and provides support for faculty development related to service-learning.
Encourages students applying for and receiving competitive scholarships and fellowships for both domestic and international experiences. Collaborates on first-year orientation.
- MA Communications, John Hopkins University
- BA Communications, McDaniel College
Joanna Hamburg, Media and Event Specialist
Provides administrative and logistical support for all areas of the office, including assisting in the development of office events and overseeing social media & other marketing endeavors.
BA English, McDaniel College
Emily Ruff, Graduate Assistant
Currently a graduate student within the M.S. in Counseling program on the Community Mental-Health track. Advises students through 1x1 appointments, with special interests in grad school preperation, career development, and first-year explorations, and assists with the development of programming.
- BA Psychology and Economics, Goucher College
- 3 week ICA (Intensive Course Abroad) at Universidad de Alicante in Alicante, Spain